Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
Being injured by another driver’s negligence in a car accident is a harrowing experience that can leave you seriously injured and, to complicate matters further, with mounting medical expenses and dwindling earnings. Because you need the compensation to which you are entitled to reach your fullest recovery, it’s time to reach out to an experienced car accident lawyer near you.
Your Economic Damages
When it comes to car accident claims, the damages (or losses) you experience are broken down into both economic and non-economic categories. Your economic damages include all the following:
- The property damage to your car
- Your medical expenses, which can be extensive and may be ongoing
- Your lost income, which can evolve into a decrease in your ability to earn over time
Your Non-economic Damages
The non-economic damages you experience include the physical and emotional pain and suffering you endure. Serious accidents are often both violent and terrifying and can lead to devastating emotional consequences, such as:
- Fear of getting back behind the wheel
- PTSD-like symptoms
- Accident flashbacks
- Sleep disturbances that can include night terrors
- Severe mood swings
- Increased anxiety
- Bouts of depression
Forms of Driver Negligence
Car accidents are often the direct result of driver negligence, and unfortunately, there are all too many forms of dangerous driver negligence on our roads, including:
- Refusal to Follow the Rules of the Road – Safe driving begins with closely adhering to the rules of the road, including all traffic lights, signs, and signals.
- Distraction – When a driver refuses to train his or her total focus on the road ahead and on the primary task of driving safely, his or her distraction can prove deadly.
- Impairment – Driving while under the influence of either alcohol or drugs is an exceptionally dangerous practice that is illegal for very good reasons.
- Exhaustion – Drowsy drivers can experience impairments that are very similar to those that drunk drivers experience, which makes drowsy driving far more dangerous than many people realize.
- Excess Speed – Driving too fast not only makes it more likely that an accident will happen but also makes it more likely that the accident will be fatal.
- Aggression – Aggression behind the wheel amounts to the driver turning a blind eye to safety, making aggressive drivers among the most dangerous drivers out there.
Your Physical Injuries
The immense impact generated in car accidents can lead to very serious physical injuries, and some of the most common include:
- Broken bones
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Serious cuts, burns, and abrasions
Turn to an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Near You for the Professional Legal Counsel You Need
If you’ve been injured by the negligence of another driver, the formidable Illinois car accident lawyers at the SAM LAW OFFICE, LLC, are committed to skillfully advocating for both your legal rights and your rightful compensation. Your case matters, so please don’t wait to contact us for more information today.