Inverness Family Law Firm
It is not uncommon that someone’s first interaction with the court system is before an Illinois family law judge. It is perfectly normal to feel scared, emotional, and concerned about what happens next since you are dealing with some of the most important and personal aspects of your life. Family law matters can involve everything from divorce to child custody and paternity matters, which is why it is important to choose an Inverness family law firm that understands the process and can provide you with skilled, yet compassionate, representation.
At the SAM LAW OFFICE LLC, we have been helping Inverness clients with all of their family law matters for years. It is likely that you have a lot of questions and are concerned about the unknown future. We can help answer any questions you may have. If you retain our Illinois family law firm, our top priority is helping you reach a favorable outcome, no matter what your legal issue is.
Types of Cases Our Inverness Family Law Firm Handles
Family law can encompass a number of different legal matters. Some of the more common issues our clients bring to us include but are not limited to:
- Divorce: Divorce is known as dissolution of marriage in Illinois, which is the formal legal procedure required to end your marriage. Divorce can be uncontested, which means you agree on all outstanding issues, or a contested divorce, which means there are still issues to work out in regards to custody, division of property, alimony, and/or child support.
- Child Custody, Support, and Parenting Time: Custody battles can be extremely contentious, as no parents want to see a reduction in the time they can spend with their children. Reaching an agreement is important here as it can help reduce the negative impact of a divorce on your children. If you cannot reach an agreement, the court will decide, and their job is to do what is best for the children, not what is convenient for the parents.
- Paternity: If a child is born out of wedlock, establishing paternity is a mandatory step if you want to pursue child support or if the father wants to be involved in the child’s life.
- Prenuptial Agreements: A family law attorney can help draft a prenuptial agreement that will stand up in court. Family law attorneys also help clients get a prenuptial agreement enforced or find ways to tear its validity apart if the situation warrants it.
- Enforcing Family Law Court Orders: Just because you were awarded alimony or child support, it does not mean your ex will willingly make the court-ordered payments regularly. Enforcing court orders is sometimes necessary to get your ex to make payments, or to take legal steps to garnish his or her wages, place liens, or levy bank accounts when necessary.
Contact an Inverness Family Law Firm Today
If you have questions or need assistance with a family law matter, contact the SAM LAW OFFICE LLC today to schedule a free initial consultation. Let us provide the skilled family law assistance you need.