Personal Injury Lawyers Barrington
Being injured as a result of someone else’s negligence is a hardship that can be difficult to overcome. You have been harmed and are experiencing mounting medical bills while your ability to earn on the job may also take a downturn. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Barrington will skillfully advocate for the compensation you need to obtain your most complete recovery.
The Duty of Care Owed You
Personal injury law is based on negligence and the duty of care that we all owe others in specific situations. Consider the following examples:
- Motorists – Motorists owe a duty of care to everyone else on the road, and this duty includes carefully adhering to the state’s driving laws and accounting for the condition of the road (including the dangerous effects of bad weather) behind the wheel.
- Property Owners – Commercial property owners and managers (of restaurants, stores, and other businesses) are responsible for maintaining their premises in the same general condition that their reasonable peers do in similar situations. This is the duty of care they owe their guests.
- Medical Professionals – Doctors, other medical professionals, and medical facilities owe a duty of care to their patients that includes providing those services that their peers would reasonably provide in similar circumstances and not engaging in any practices that their reasonable peers would avoid.
When someone in any of the above categories fails to uphold the duty of care they owe, it can lead to serious accidents and attendant injuries.
The Damages You Suffer
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, your losses can be severe, and the law addresses these losses in terms of damages, which can be classified into all of the following categories:
- Property Damage – If the accident that leaves you injured is a car accident, you can seek compensation for damage to your vehicle.
- Medical Expenses – The medical expenses you face after being injured in a serious accident can be extensive, including surgery, hospitalization, follow-up care, rehabilitation, physical therapy, pain management, prescription medications, and much more.
- Lost Earnings – While you heal from your injuries, you may experience a significant decrease in earnings on the job, which can lead to a dip in earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering – The pain and suffering you endure can be another serious hindrance to your recovery and should be addressed in your personal injury claim.
Ensuring that your claim represents your full range of damages is critical to your ability to fully recover for your losses.
Look to an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Barrington for the Legal Guidance You Need
If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in an accident, the practiced personal injury lawyers at the SAM LAW OFFICE, LLC, in Barrington, Illinois, dedicate their impressive practice to helping clients like you fully recover for the damages they suffer. Our dedicated legal team is on your side and here to help, so please do not wait to contact us today.