Hearing problems are relatively common in our country. According to data collected and compiled by the Hearing Loss Association of America, there are currently 48 million Americans (20 percent of the total population) living with some form of hearing loss. For the most part, these people lost their hearing due to age or because of a medical condition.
Yet, there are many other cases in which a person sustains sudden hearing loss because of a preventable accident or some type of misconduct. At SAM LAW OFFICE LLC, our experienced Illinois personal injury lawyers fight for the legal rights and financial interests of hearing loss and ear injury victims. If your hearing was damaged in any type of accident, please contact our Rolling Meadows office today for your free injury consultation.
What Causes Hearing Loss?
Hearing loss or hearing damage can occur in several different ways. If you lost your hearing in any type of accident, you should have your specific case reviewed by a lawyer who can assess the circumstances and explain your legal options to you. Some of the most common types of hearing loss cases that we see involve the following causes:
- Extreme noise: Being exposed to very loud noise, whether in a car accident or while on the job, is dangerous and it can cause permanent hearing damage.
- Sustained high decibel exposure: If you are forced to hear elevated noise repeatedly over a long period of time, it can eventually damage your hearing. This type of hearing loss most often occurs in work-related cases.
- Ear drum or cochlear damage: You can also lose your hearing for physical reasons. Specifically, direct physical damage to sensitive parts of your ear can cause deafness or partial hearing loss.
- Brain injuries: Finally, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can affect the portion of your brain that processes and interprets sound.
Compensation Available to Hearing Loss Victims
Under Illinois state law, hearing loss victims are owed compensation for the full value of their damages for the at-fault party. Sadly, most personal injury claims are brought against insurance companies; these firms work hard to try to limit settlement offers. Our top-rated Chicagoland personal injury team helps victims fight back. We can help you seek financial compensation for:
- Emergency medical bills;
- All other medical expenses;
- Required medical devices and equipment;
- Lost current and future income;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental distress; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Did You Suffer Hearing Loss Injury?
Our top-rated personal injury team can help. At SAM LAW OFFICE LLC, our Rolling Meadows personal injury attorneys have the skills and experience required to help hearing loss victims recover full compensation for their damages. To get help with your claim, please call us today at (847) 255-9925 to request your free consultation. We represent hearing loss victims throughout the region, including in Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, Chicago and Palatine.