Susan A. Marks, Founding Partner
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Susan A. Marks is dedicated to providing clients with experienced, technically advanced and sensitive representation in divorce, child custody, child support matters, personal injury, medical negligence, car accident and wrongful death claims. Always kind, her soft-spoken approach is a source of comfort for victims of negligent conduct and tumultuous family relations.
Ms. Marks has helped hundreds of clients find their way through the trauma of divorce, child support and child custody issues. She helps her clients realize that they can survive, emerge stronger and victorious in the face of adverse issues and irrational spouses. Every family law client has unique needs and issues. Ms. Marks works with her clients to help them determine their financial needs before, during and after the preceding. Her frank approach of telling clients what she can and cannot achieve in these cases helps her clients understand the reality of families and the law.
Sometimes the only justice that a client who has been injured by a medical professional, an automobile or truck driver or from poorly kept premises is litigation against the wrongdoer. Clients come to Ms. Marks who have been seriously injured at the hands of a wrongdoer. Their surviving family members contact Ms. Marks to understand why a loved one was suddenly fine and then gone. Every client has their own unique problems and questions as a result of their accident or injury. Ms. Marks meticulously reviews the medical records and the other facts of the case and brings the victim’s story alive to the judge and the jury and so that they can get the compensation they deserve.
Ms. Marks has conducted numerous bench and jury trial. She is a member of the Federal Trial Bar, the American Association of Justice, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association and Northwest Suburban Bar Association. Whether your issue requires a full blown jury trial, expert witnesses or a simple hearing, Ms. Marks fights hard for her clients. Sometimes a client does not want a fight but wants to resolve the matter peacefully. Ms. Marks encourages swift and efficient resolution of issues by agreement, especially where children are involved. But if you need someone who will go to the mat for you when you need it, Ms. Marks is the attorney for you.
Ms. Marks brings a wealth of experience from diverse fields. She completed her undergraduate at the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire. Upon graduation she became a nursing home administrator. Ms. Marks then moved on to manage a network of over 120 orthopedic physicians as executive director of Midwest Orthopedic Network, LLC. Ms. Marks has held various executive positions and worked for some of the largest hospitals, physician groups and health plans in the area. Before founding SAM LAW, OFFICE, LLC, Ms. Marks worked at CCH Incorporated as an editor where she analyzed the health law areas of Medicare, HIPPA, OIG, false claims/qui tam, anti-trust and stark provisions.
In addition to her passion for the law, Susan has volunteered at area domestic violence shelters and is an active member of numerous legal industry groups.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Child Custody
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- No-Fault Divorce
- Orders of Protection & Restraining Orders
- Automobile Accidents
- Police Misconduct
- Premises Injury
- Nursing Home
- Property Division
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2011
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
- B. S.
- Major: Health Care Administration
- Illinois Governor Signs Pledge Against Texting While Driving , January, 2013
- More women in US suffering from pregnancy-related complications , April, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Member, November 1, 2004 – Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, January 1, 2011 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, November 1, 2004 – Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association, Member, November 1, 2004 – Present
- Federal Trial Bar, Member, June 1, 2012 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Midwest Orthopedic Network, Executive Director, May 1, 1996 – September 1, 2001
- Aetna Health Plans, Contracts, June 1, 1993 – June 1, 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Court Facilitator, November 1, 2004 – Present
- Pro Se Desk, November 1, 2004 – Present
- Turning Point, November 1, 2004 – January 1, 2006